Monday, June 27, 2011

We are not alone

On Saturday, Alyssa and I spent most of our day in a large boardroom (the size of two CMU Great Halls), listening to various experts within the in house design community. By the end of the day, our brains were full to overflowing and we had to hop aboard a boat and float around the Chicago shoreline to decompress.
More importantly, we had to take in the fact that we are not the only ones who deal with serious process/policy problems. The issues our department faces on a daily basis are what every other design department is facing. Every time I nodded my head in agreement to something I read/heard during the session, I saw a large number of people nodding too.
We are not alone.

1 comment:

christopher said...

Isn't it nice to know that you aren't alone? That there are others in the same boat as you?
Well, maybe not "nice," because no one should have to deal with that stuff, or feel that way, but knowing we aren't alone is comforting.
I find the same thing in the IT world. It's nice to get together and learn that I'm not alone. That other people take the same crap, are subjected to the same unrealistic expectations, and are expected to do more with less. Comforting, yet sad.